Sunday, February 15, 2009

Rock and Roll 50's Style




Elvis! Elvis! One of the members at my parents church is a wonderful Elvis impersonator. His sweetie wife, Dawn, is one of my best (and favorite-est) customers and we have a great on-line friendship. She throws a big "Fan Club" party for her hubby every year and this year her theme is centered around The 50's. She wanted me to make the centerpieces for their party. Well, I LOVE Elvis...was even in his fan club when I was in the 5th grade. AND, went to see him in Shreveport, LA in the 70's. Was a great concert. So, I'm thrilled to be able to do this for them.
I used my nestabilites to cut the scalloped circles on both sides. Then made them into a 'spinner' card by smashing a piece of string between two albums, and taping the string inside the cutouts so it spins.... you know, gives it that Twist and Shout effect. The rest of the images I got off of my clipart since I don't have any 50's type stamps. They stand by themselves in an A-framed fashion.

Here is Brent's website so you can check it out! And, Dawn, aka. Fruitloop, thanks for letting me create these for you.....Love you, Cheerio!

Now, when is the big party? I'm crashing it! :)

1 comment:

Carolina said...

You rocked Elvis style chica! ;)