Sunday, September 26, 2010

Golf Tile Coaster


A friend of mine from out of state wanted me to make a tile coaster for her boss for Christmas. He's a big golfer and I had no golf stamp sets. So, I asked my wonderful knowledgeable Stampin Up upline, Nicole, if she had any golf stamps. No, she didn't but she always has wonderful ideas. She gave me this one...I used a sea sponge to stamp the greens and browns on the tile for the golf greens. Then used the pennant from the SU set Sock Monkey Accessories to make the flag. I used a straight edge to extend the flag pole down to the ground. I used white Staz-on ink and a pencil eraser to make the golf ball. I see there is a little glare from the flash beside the ball. There is really only 1 ball on the green! I have a set of Sharpie markers that I added some detail with to make the hole and highlight the grass in some areas. I also used my Just Rite stamper set with all the little letters to make the golf words. I had to Google golf terms to make sure I got them right...I no nothing about golf except you try to whack the ball into a hole! Anyway, Thanks, Nicole, for the wonderful idea and I hope my friend scores a 'hole in one' with her golf themed Christmas gift to her boss!

No comments: