Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Father's Day Fun!

Here are a few Father's Day cards I've demonstrated at workshops. The Ice Cream stand card is one we will be making this Thursday. If you wanna come over to get inky.....give me a buzz and come on over. The main idea for this card came from www.stampingaddict.blogspot.com Search her labels for Sweet Scoops.




I printed the sentiments on the computer and used my oval and scalloped punches to punch and mount the words. I used the word window punch for the stripes for the ice cream stand and canopy. I cut a 1 inch strip and scored it in half to mount the canopy to as well as the counter top. This card was super easy and really fun to make. I think a gift card to Dairy Queen would be a blast to put inside as a gift. The stamp set can be found in the Summer Mini catalog. It's the Sweet Scoop set. I used 3 new colors for the cones....Daffodil Delight, Cajun Craze and Crumb Cake. The card stock I used is SU's More Mustard and Night of Navy.



You can never go wrong with Lovely As A Tree! I used Garden Green, Black and So Saffron card stock. I stamped the tree with VersaMark and used my chalks and sponge daubers to daub on on the chalk to give the tree color. I used the leaf stamp and versamark to stamp a border down the side of the card. I also used the Tab Punch for the black tab and a silver brad to attach it to the main image.
I hope all our Fathers and Father-like-men in our lives have a wonderful Father's Day this weekend.

1 comment:

Traci M said...

That first one is so fun with the awning...very cute, Beth!!
And the second is a classic!