Saturday, February 6, 2010

Valentine Treats for Kids!

Happy Valentine's Day coming up!!!!! I truly LOVE this holiday and it's such a fun one for kids. Here are the treats I made for the boys to take to school. The Sock Monkey is spreading his *warm fuzzies* by giving hearts. Our 6 yo wanted to take these. The sucker wraps are for our 3rd grader's class. He's a sucker for treats, that's for sure!






I used Stampin Up!'s Sock Monkey stamp set for the treat bag. I used Real Red paper to cut out the Top Note Sizzix die cut. I scored and folded it in 1/2 to put over the top of the bag. I stapled it all together, then used the sock monkey and the oval scalloped sentiments to cover the top of the staples. Kids can help with this one too.....our 6 yo counted out 10 hearts for each bag.



I got this fantastic idea for these sucker wrappers from my Stampin Success magazine. I used Real Red paper and ran them through my cuttlebug Heart Block folder. I used my SU 1 3/4's and 1 3/8's circle punches to cut out the hole in the red, and the Chocolate Chip ring. I used a generic heart punch for the creamy caramel heart and the SU Small Heart punch for the little red hearts. I used glue dots to hold the wrap around the sucker stick.

I hope the boys classmates will think these treats are super SWEET!

2 comments:

peggysue said...

I think the sock monk3ey stole my candies, I know I really look forward to those every year in February. Wow, those sucker holders are something else! You are one crafty mama and the kiddos are going to appreciate those.

Toni said...

beth...these are so sweet! this is the first time i have actually seen the sock monkey used in something i am crazy about!! You and the boys did an awesome job. I am working on Shay's valentine treats will be posting them soon